The biggest name in collectible toys is Sideshow Collectibles. They have created hundreds of replica toys of famous characters from all kinds of movie franchises for fans all over the world. Many of those toys have been replicas of Marvel characters from all parts of the MCU with unparalleled detail and intricacy.
In fact, in celebration of the 500th toy created in their Movie Masterpiece series, the company is paying homage to the start of the MCU, and that would be Iron Man himself. The collectible will be a diecast, 1/6-scale figure of Tony Stark’s Mark VII suit that you may have seen onscreen in the first Avengers film and parts of Iron Man 3. The suit that enveloped Stark as he flew out the window of Stark Tower and fought off the Chitauri army will now be available to purchase in a limited edition release.
The diecast suit comes with many detachable and interchangeable armor pieces and multiple hands for any setting you wish to make it. It also comes with a separate suit pod as seen in Avengers. The scale is exactly 1/6 of the original, so it’s a little over one foot tall.
The best part of the suit may be the incredible likeness of Robert Downey Jr. which is hand-painted on the head sculpt to look exactly like he did in the film. If you’d rather have the suit in battle mode, there is an interchangeable helmet with LED lights for the eyes, to match LED within the arc reactor piece on the chest of the figure.
The creators really went all out for this figure, as the 500th toy. The complete list of features is below:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Iron Man Mark VII in The Avengers
- One (1) newly painted battle damaged helmeted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie and removable mask
- Movie-accurate facial features with detailed beard, wrinkles and skin texture
- One (1) interchangeable helmeted head with LED light-up function (white light, battery operated)
- Approximately 32.5 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Contains diecast material
- Special features on armor:
- Metallic red and gold-colored painting on the sleek and streamline Iron Man armor design
- LED- lighted circular-shaped Arc Reactor on chest (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged mask
- One (1) interchangeable battle damaged chest armor plate
- One (1) pair of interchangeable battle damaged shoulder armor
- Two (2) sets of interchangeable shoulder armors (normal and missile firing)
- Two (2) sets of interchangeable forearm armors (normal and laser firing)
- One (1) pair detachable forearm rockets
- Three (3) sets of interchangeable thigh armor (missile, armor & normal styles)
- Accessories for alternate Suit Pod style including:
- One (1) interchangeable LED – lighted chest armor plate
- One (1) pair of attachable specialized accessories for chest armor (placed under LED –lighted chest plate)
- One (1) pair of interchangeable calf legs
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of firing fists
- One (1) pair of battle hands with light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- One (1) pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- Articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
- Articulated flaps at the back of armor on legs
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-paintedAccessories:
- One (1) pair of attachable real-like red-colored lasers accessories
- Specially designed square-shaped road diorama dynamic figure base with movie logo and character nameplate
- Exclusive Bonus Accessory for Special Edition:
- One (1) Mini Suit Pod hologram (approximately 7.5cm tall)
The figure runs a little pricey, but with all these features, the creators spared no expense in creating a complete and detailed replica of the iconic suit and character for MCU fans to enjoy.
Expected shipping arrival is this fall. You can pre-order the figure and learn more about it HERE.