Just ahead of the 2018 Toy Fair in New York City, Playmates Toys gave TMNT fans a new look at brand new incarnations of their half-shelled heroes for their upcoming Nickelodeon cartoon, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
The figures boast newly invigorated designs for the turtles as well as the supporting characters, namely their sensei, Splinter, and April O’Neil. New villains have been added to the show as well, including the Baron Draxum, voiced by WWE Superstar John Cena, who will be opposing the forces of good at every turn.
The toy line will feature Basic, Deluxe, and Giant editions ranging from $8.99 to $19.00 each. The 2-in-1 Turtle Tank will run for about $34.99, while the motorbikes will sell for $19.99 a piece. The massive 43″ “Epic Lair Playset” is priced at $119.99 and promises a ton of parts for imaginative fans of the sewer-dwelling heroes.
The descriptions for the basic figures can be read below:
- The Turtles are ready to unleash their powerful new ninja skills against all-new big, bad villains!
- The all-new, highly detailed action figures are uniquely sculpted and fully articulated, with heights ranging from 3.25” to 5.0″.
- The collection features the four Turtles, as well as new characters Baron Draxum, Meat Sweats and others introduced in the series.
- Each figure comes with unique translucent accessories, and is compatible with most of the vehicles and playsets in the line.
- Assortment includes: Raphael “The Leader,” Leonardo “The Trickster,” Donatello “The Tech Wiz,” Michelangelo “The Wild Card,” Splinter “The Chill Master,” April “Street Smart Best Friend,” Origami Ninja “Confetti Commandos,” Meat Sweats “The Tenderizer,” Baron Draxum “The Maker of Mutants”