Every time a new comicbook film is released, fans like to go over it with a fine-toothed comb looking for the little gems sprinkled throughout, which are known as Easter eggs. Under normal circumstances, they’re found relatively quickly, discussed on Internet forums, and the fans move onto whatever’s next. In the case of Guardians of the Galaxy, James Gunn has said he placed some extremely difficult Easter Eggs in both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, the biggest of which fans are still yet to find.
Gunn also took to Twitter to break down all of the frequently asked questions fans bring to him, and it’s quite the list…
Guardians Incredibly Frequently Asked Questions –
- Kraglin’s fin at the end of Vol 2 is a different fin than Yondu’s.
- Yes, I pick all the songs for the movies.
- The Guardians can travel light years in space, OF COURSE they can figure out how to power a alkman/Zune w/o batteries
- And also how to repair a broken cassette tape or player. ?
- The Guardians each have a translator implanted so that they can both understand AND be nderstood by others.
- Young Groot does not have the memories of the Groot from the first movie.
- The big Easter Egg has not been found (not in either Vol. 1 or Vol. 2)
- No, I am not making up the Easter Egg.
- There are actually a ton of unfound Easter Eggs in Vol. 2.
Kraglin is off doing something important during Infinity War. He will return.
- Adam Warlock will NOT be in Avengers 4 (and I’ve never said he will be in Vol. 3).
- GotG Vol. 3 will be set AFTER Avengers 4.
- No, I will not give any hints on the Easter Eggs.
- Yes, all of the Guardians now understand Groot, as in IW.
That’s quite the list, but it’s the Easter egg answers he gave that lead us to our next possible fan discoveries from Volume 1. The first is what we’ll refer to as the “DNA Theory.” It points out all of the imagery of DNA stands that pop up across the film. This theory believes this imagery in the film is a tribute to Guardians comic team Dan Abnett and Andy Laning, who often worked under the nickname DnA. Check out the video below and see what they mean…